Name: Wu Yi
Professional direction: Political sociology, political anthropology, historical sociology
Education and research experience:
Male, Han ethnicity, born in March 1958, from Chongqing. Doctor of law, second-class professor and doctoral supervisor of school of sociology of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, researcher of China Rural Governance Research Center of Huazhong University of science and technology, director and researcher of development planning department of National Governance Research Institute of Huazhong University of science and technology, special professor of "Huazhong scholar" of Huazhong University of science and technology, deputy editor in chief of Journal of Huazhong University of science and Technology (SOCIAL SCIENCE EDITION), political science of Chinese Society He is the vice chairman of the special committee for sociology and enjoys the special allowance of the State Council.
Research fields and interests:
4.Contemporary Chinese political development and rural governance
1. Path, space and boundary of agricultural land system reform: from the perspective of action interaction under "empowerment" and "limitation of power", Sociological research, 2015, issue 5.
2. Realistic goal and possible path of national governance modernization, Journal of Huazhong University of science and Technology (SOCIAL SCIENCE EDITION), 2014, issue 3.
3. Emotional logic of group events: DH events as the core case and its extension analysis, Society, 2014, issue 1.
4. "The politics of land roots": revealing the real problems of the new reform of farmland system, "Beijing Daily, 2013.
5. Rectification and the movement of people's communization: a case study of mining commune in Daye County, Hubei Province, Open era, 2013, issue 2.
6. The possibility of speaking: Rethinking the "complaining" of land reform, Sociological research, 2012, issue 6.
7. Ideology and development approach: Rethinking the movement of agricultural cooperation, Tianjin Social Sciences, 2012, issue 1.
8. People's Commune: the pursuit and frustration of Modern Utopia, Journal of Huazhong University of science and Technology (SOCIAL SCIENCE EDITION), 2011, issue 5.
9. Structural choice: Rethinking of China's agricultural cooperative movement, Open era, 2011, issue 4.
10. Traditional turning and re turning: the construction and historical logic of farmers' land mentality in the land reform of new area, Open era, 2010, issue 3.
11. Development and characteristics of historical sociology, Journal of Huazhong University of science and Technology (SOCIAL SCIENCE EDITION), 2009, issue 4.
12. Ideal or normal: a century's swing in the exploration of farmland allocation: a perspective to understand the history of China's farmland institutional change in the 20th century, Sociological research, 2009, issue 3.
13. Twenty years of rural political studies: the rise and fall of a public academic movement, Chinese society and philosophy fall 2008 Vol. 41 No. 01 (SSCI).
14. The path and subject of rural governance studies: a response to Ying Xing's critical, Chinese society and philosophy fall 2008 Vol. 41 No. 01. (SSCI).
15. Democratization of authority: an important experience in the construction of democratic politics, China reform daily, 2008.
16. The change of Governance -- Also on the construction of political power in China's rural society, Exploration and contention, 2008, issue 9.
17. From revolution to revolution, China book review, 2008, issue5.
18. "Power interest structure net" and expression dilemma of farmers' group interest analysis of a case of quarry dispute ", Sociological research, 2007, issue 5.
19. The game of meeting the inspection: Notes on Township investigation, Reading, 2007, issue 6.
20. Why the case is narrated? Questions about the query of classical rural research methods, Exploration and contention, 2007, issue 4 ;Open era, 2007, issue 2 ;reprinted by China Social Sciences abstract, 2007, issue 3.
21. The evolution and transformation of rural political research in the past two decades: on the rise and end of a public academic movement, South wind window, 2005.
22. Limited reform space: the reform of township institutions in the eyes of a scholar, Open era, 2005, issue 4.
23. The path and subject of village governance research -- and the criticism of Mr. promised star, Reading, 2005, issue 5.
24. The last collection, Reading, 2005, issue 5.
25. Rural political research: where is the reason and the way ahead, Open era, 2005, issue 2. ,
26. "Luring people to become rich" and "government's negative", Reading, 2005, issue 1.
27. Two thoughts on the phenomenon of government and farmers competing for profits in the expropriation of agricultural land, Journal of Shanghai Administrative Cadre Management College, 2004, issue 4.
28. Collection and default, Tianya, 5 issues, 2004.
29. Power contracting in the countryside, Tianya, 2004, issue 5.
30. The justice of law or the entry of emotion, Tianya, 2004, issue 5.
31. Rural relations in different contexts, Exploration and contending, 2004, issue 9.
32. The role of grassroots government in farmland expropriation, Reading, 2004, issue 7.
33. Farmer's "planting house" and the anti system of the weak, Book city, 2004, issue 5.
34. Financial difficulties at the village level under the tension of rural interests in tax reform, Journal of central China Normal University, 2004, issue 4.
35. Innovation of rural public goods supply system in China during the transformation period, Zhongzhou academic journal, 2004, issue 1.
36. Tao in Tao: Enlightenment from a case of village public goods supply, Jiangxi Social Sciences, 2004, issue 1.
37. The variation of clan authority and the dissolution of brokerage mode, WenShiZhe, 2003, issue 4.
38. From revolution to post Revolution: the historical track of a village political movement, Study and exploration, 2003, issue 2.
39. Describing the politics of the village, Reading, 2003, issue 3.
40. Dual marginalization: a typological analysis of the role and behavior of village cadres, Management world, 2002, issue 11.
41. Authority and order in the change of village governance.
42. Rural authority without governance resources and the game between cadres and the masses in tax collection, China Rural observation, 2002, issue 4.
43. Public space, Zhejiang journal, 2002, issue 2.
44. Institutional economic analysis of "village committee autonomy" in villager autonomy, Xuehai, 2002, issue 1.
45. Consensus and strategy of village governance research, Zhejiang journal, 2002, issue 1.
46. Village without politics, Zhejiang journal, 2002, issue 1.
47. "Double role", "brokerage mode", "night watchman" and "clock crasher", Open era, 2001, issue 12.
48. Research on Village Election: a window to the social nature of rural areas in the transition period, Jianghai academic journal, 2001, issue 1.
49. On the study of Village Governance: an attempt to reveal village governance as a research paradigm, Journal of central China Normal University, 2000, issue 3.
50. How the new rules are interpreted, China Social Sciences Quarterly (Hong Kong), 1999 winter volume (International Chinese Journal of contemporary Chinese Social Sciences Research and review).
51. "Villager autonomy: theoretical resources and operational performance education", Socialism research, 1999, issue 4.
52.Institution and state: a political perspective from New Institutional Economics, Tianjin Social Sciences, 1999,issue 3.
53. Introduction of system and leading by elites: Interpretation of democratic election rules in village field, Journal of central China Normal University, 1999,issue 2.
54. "The growth of villager autonomy: National entry and community endogenesis", Political science research, 1998, issue 3.
55. Political man in Village Governance: an analysis of public participation and public consciousness of a village villager, Strategy and management, 1998, issue 1.
56."The form and effect of rural political stability in the period of people's commune", Tianjin Social Sciences, in 1997, issue 5, Xinhua digest, in 1997, issue 12.
57."The decline of the countryside and the frustration of the modernization in the late Qing Dynasty", Tianjin Social Sciences, 1996, issue 3. It was reprinted by Xinhua digest in 1996, issue 5.
58. Trans century project: China's rural reform, development and stability, Socialism research, 1996, issue 1.
59. Cross century project: coordinated development of China's rural areas, Social science journal, 1995.
60. Structural analysis of the relationship between social political orientation and political stability, Politics and law, 1995, issue 4.
61.An analysis of the political impact of regional development disequilibrium, Study and exploration, 1994, issue 3.
62. "The influence and restriction of economic and political environment on political participation in the primary stage of socialism", Chongqing Social Sciences, 1993, issue 3.
63. On the present situation and restrictive factors of political participation in China, Socialist studies, 1992, issue 4.
64. "Teaching exploration of theory and practice of scientific socialism", Degree and graduate education, 1991, issue 5.
65. "The right policy for the development of Chinese cities", Urban development, 1991, issue 5.
66. A study on the historical opportunity of urban development, Urban science, 1991, issue 3.
67. "From Japan's national policy to see its penetration into North China", Chongqing history, 1989, issue 2。
1. Governance in transition: An Empirical Study of rural social change in contemporary China, Hubei people's publishing house, 2009.
2. One way Countryside: an exploration of the nature of rural society in the transformation period, Hubei people's publishing house, 2008 edition.
3."The noise of a town - the interpretation and interpretation of the political operation of a town", Sanlian bookstore, 2007 edition.
4. Describing the politics of villages, Hubei people's publishing house, 2007 edition.
5.Rural politics in a transitional society, China Agriculture Press, 2006.
6.The experience of villagers' autonomy in the local society: a case study of Bai village, central China Normal University Press, 2003.
7.Democratic election in rural China, central China Normal University Press, 2001.
8.Rural village governance in China, Huazhong Normal University Press, 1999.
9.Authority and order in the change of Village Governance: the expression of two villages in East Sichuan in the 20th century, China Social Sciences Press, 2002 edition, 2006, the second printing.
10.Political stability and development in rural China, Wuhan press, 1995.
11.Participated in the compilation of the knowledge dictionary of the people's Republic of China, Southwest Normal University Press, 1999 edition.
1."Research on several major theoretical issues of promoting the modernization of national governance system and governance capacity", 2014 major subproject of social science fund of the Ministry of education.
2. "Research on promoting the modernization of provincial governance system and governance capacity", a sub project entrusted by Hubei Province in 2014.
3. "Research on social change and contemporary China's agricultural land system reform", 2014 special task project of independent innovation fund of Huazhong University of science and technology.
4. "Research on the development and reform of contemporary China's agricultural land system from the perspective of social change", 2011 key project of NSFC.
5. "Research on the evolution and development of contemporary China's farmland system", 2011 project of Independent Innovation Research Fund (HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES) of Huazhong University of science and technology.
6. "Historical and sociological analysis of the changes and development of China's agricultural land system since the 20th century", supported by the independent innovation research fund of Huazhong University of science and technology in 2009.
7. "Research on contemporary rural land system from the perspective of social change", 2009 general research project of Humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of education.
8. "Research on the role of rural grassroots government after tax reform in Hubei Province", 2008 Hubei social science foundation project.
9. "Political anthropology and rural research" course practice research, graduate education reform project of Huazhong University of science and technology.
10. "A study on the regional comparison of the living conditions of the vulnerable groups in rural areas during the transformation period and the Countermeasures for governance", Ford fund project subproject.
11. "Research on the development, characteristics and governance of rural society in the transition period", supported by the National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation authors in 2004.
12. "Research on the change, characteristics and trend of rural society in the transformation period", 2002-2003 major project of the key research base of Humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of education.
13. "Rural governance research", 2000 international cooperation project.
14. "Research on rural tax and fee reform and county, township and village management system reform", 2001 major project subproject of the key research base of Humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of education.
15. "Research on the basic situation, problems and Countermeasures of the election of rural village committees in China at this stage", the major project subproject of the key research base of Humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of education in 2000.
16. "Research on the reform of the political system of the villages and towns in China at the present stage", project of the national philosophy and Social Science Foundation in 2002
Awards and honors:
1. The paper "power - the network of interest structure" and the expression dilemma of farmers' group interests "won the third prize of the 7th Hubei social science outstanding achievement award in 2011.
2. In 2009, he won the second prize of the outstanding achievement award of scientific research (HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES) of Chinese institutions of higher learning.
3. In 2008, he won the "excellent book award of social science books in five provinces of Central South China".
4. The series of papers "observation and analysis of rural policy operation" won the third prize of the 10th excellent achievement of Social Science in Wuhan in 2007.
5. The monograph "authority and order in the change of village governance -- the expression of East Sichuan two villages in the 20th century", won the third prize of the fourth excellent achievement of Humanities and Social Sciences in Chinese universities in 2006.
6. The monograph "authority and order in the change of village governance -- the expression of East Sichuan two villages in the 20th century", won the second prize of the fourth excellent achievement of Humanities and Social Sciences in Hubei Province in 2004.
7. The doctoral dissertation "authority and order in the change of village governance - the expression of two villages in East Sichuan in the 20th century", 2004 National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation.
8. The doctoral dissertation "authority and order in the change of village governance -- the expression of East Sichuan two villages in the 20th century", 2003 Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of Hubei Province.
9. The article "how to deduce the new rules" was awarded the three prize of the seventh outstanding achievement of Social Sciences in Wuhan in 2000.
10. The book "political stability and development in China's rural areas" won the "Five One Project" award of the Propaganda Department of the CPC Central Committee in 1996 and the "five one project" award of the Propaganda Department of the CPC Hubei Provincial Committee in the same year.
1. The study of China's political and social changes
2. Political anthropology
3. Rural studies, etc.